Sunday, November 28

It's a Happy Turkey Day Weekend!

what my plate has looked like for the past four days...
{via}

Ahh, a four-day weekend is the BEST!  I must admit that the weekend flew by and I actually feel like Thanksgiving was weeks ago.  Strange how that happens.  Of course we are still eating leftovers so I know, in reality, it hasn't been that long.

I successfully avoided Black Friday and Black Friday weekend crowds by not going anywhere important.  Hubs and I spent a lot of time in the house and running errands - but not errands that brought us anywhere near the mall or Toys-R-Us. 

It was so nice to just relax in the house, listen to Christmas music (yes - the DAY after Thanksgiving is the perfect day to start listening to Christmas music at home, in the car, and at work!), drink loads of coffee, and keep eating two pieces of pie every night for dessert.  And I don't mean two small half-sizes - I mean, two regular-size pieces of pie.  Yummy in my tummy.

  
piece of pie number one
{via}

piece of pie number two
{via}
In order to keep eating loads of food and still *barely* fit into my pants, hubs and I did manage to make it to the gym twice.  I did some elliptical-ing, treadmill-ing, and stationary biking.  I also did a few weight machines and my arms are actually sore.  Yeah - twelve pounds will do that to some seriously weak arms! :-)

I also spent some time at my sister's in-laws making some crafty Christmas decorations and eating spaghetti.  Hubs didn't want to come because he is still avoiding some family members.  Yeah, that story another time.  However, my decorations came out quite nicely (it's kinda hard to mess up a project that comes from a book entitled Scrapbooking with your KIDS).  Now I just have to hang them up.  Today at church hubs and I also bought a nice looking wreath to hang on the front door - it's his first wreath!

Now that I don't have First Tee anymore hubs and I can get to church a little more regularly.  Not that hubs has any idea what the priest is saying, since we go to English mass.  We went a few times to the Spanish mass but the priest is a bit too conservative for our taste - or my taste to be exact.  So we are sticking to English these days.  I would say it helps with hubs's English but church English is not really common English and is very hard to follow.  After church we've been heading to brunch with another couple that we know from golf.  It's almost the best part - chatting away while eating very greasy diner food.  I did feel a bit queasy this afternoon though....

Oh, another thing I wish I could take a picture of (but can't since I'm sans camera these days) and share with you all is our dog.  I took him to be groomed (because there is just NO WAY I would ever embark on washing our dog and his five hundred pounds of fur) and they trimmed him!  He totally looks like he has a monkey butt and I can't help but laugh every time I see it.  He hadn't been cleaned in months so the difference is remarkable - and his new haircut is priceless (well, actually it's price-full since I paid $115 for it!!!).  If you want to get an idea of what our dog looks like google Samoyed.

I hope everyone had an amazing and relaxing weekend and is ready to embark on another full week of work.  I'm excited because my mom is coming to visit on Thursday (really she's coming to see my sister's new baby, but since I'm in the house, she gets to see me too!).  And there are only four more weeks until CHRISTMAS and our trip to Vermont!


HAPPY MONDAY!!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! One of the best parts about Thanksgiving dinner is the leftovers to come! That first pie looks delicious! What kind of pie is it?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....