Tuesday, May 11

Day 87 of Happiness: Mother's Day, Immigration, and All

I wish I could have spent Mother's Day with my mom, but she's too far away.  So, instead, I sent her a few special gifts.  I was really excited about the gifts because I came up with the idea and then had my aunt (who is extremely crafty) make them.  They turned out really adorable and my mom loved them.  Here's some photos:




Aren't they wonderful?  My aunt did such an amazing job (don't you think she should open an Etsy shop and sell this things??).  They were actually from both hubs and myself - so he had the Spanish sides and I had the English sides.  I can't wait to see them in person (since my aunt lives close to my mom she hand delivered them).

I also got my mom the Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook.



We're going to try and make a recipe a week together.  Let's see how it goes.  I made the cinnamon rolls on Saturday for my sister (although she wasn't home for breakfast, but she ate some eventually).  They were good but quite labor intensive (and contained maybe 700 grams of fat and butter).  It's obvious that the Pioneer Woman has lots of time to cook and a HUGE kitchen.  It said to roll the dough out to 10x30 inches - that's almost more counter space than my little town house has!  Dough, butter, sugar, and cinnamon were squirting all over the floor.  They made so many that I gave a tray to our neighbors, my sister's mother-in-law, and my co-golfing coach.

Yesterday I ended up taking the day off work because hubs had his first US immigration interview!  Yeah!!  He got fingerprinted and photographed!  Pretty exciting.  Now, as long as his criminal file is as empty as we think it is - his work permit should arrive in the next month or two!!! Woo-hoo!!!  We're keeping our fingers crossed.

Ahh, life is good.  Just wish the weather would warm up a bit.  It's FREEZING!!  At least I'm not at my moms where it's SNOWING.  Seriously, snow in May should be illegal.

Have a great Tuesday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your gift is so adorable!!! And congrats to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....