I'm beginning to think my life is getting boring. It's becoming hard to come up with spots of happiness - and not because I'm not happy or that life sucks, but because I do the same thing every day. I mean, I can't have my spot of happiness be the same thing every day. I think I need to get out more. I can only experience so many spots of happiness on the bus, at work, and at home. They exist, but new ones are few and far between. Where is the excitement in my life? I think it disappeared with the sun, and warmth, and summer days. Maybe if the weather would improve I could get out and enjoy life more. And maybe if I quit getting sick I'd have enough energy to spot some happiness.
However, even amongst boredom, there are some spots. Yesterday we had our annual awards ceremony at work. Our awardee was Hilda Solis, the Secretary of Labor.
I'd be surprised if you know of her. Or even the Department of Labor. I admit, it's not the most sexy Department of the world. However, Secretary Solis is quite amazing and has done great things in her time of office - especially for farmworkers, which is what our organization is all about. I was pretty excited to see her and hear her speak (and she was only like 10 feet away from me). It was also exciting see her Secret Service men and aides. I want some aides to follow me around too. I'm important.
I also received an acceptance to attend a community meeting on HIV/AIDS at the White House.
How exciting is that??? I've never been there before, just run around it many times. Ok, so maybe the meeting is in the White House annex or something, but that's close enough to the White House. Should be fun. It means I have to wear a suit on Casual Friday though....
I also finished all my thank-you cards on the bus today. That's an amazing feat. Sorry to those who receive thank-you notes with weird lines all over the place - that's from DC potholes. Now I just gotta get some pics to include, some fun return address labels, stamp the suckers and get them out. I love writing thank you cards so I'm kinda sad that it's over. But it's also a spot that I got them done!
Alrighty - not too many spots, but some nonetheless.
Oh, I'm also reading a very good book that I love and it makes me excited to get on the bus everyday so that I can read it. Love it when that happens!






Congrats on your community meeting invite!!! I was meaning to ask you last time for a few tips. My father in law found a volunteer job for me at the local clinic. No one wants to work with the HIV/TB patients here and I told him I would like to. So, if you have any tips for me lol What are some things to keep in mind? to do not do to say not say etc... I am pretty excited :)
ReplyDeleteKattrina!! How can you say that your life is boring when you get an invitation to the WHITE HOUSE? thats amazing! :)
ReplyDeletethough I do also love the feeling of reading a good book :)
Wauv an invitation to the White House, thats for sure a spot of happiness. I remember passing the White House which I thought was a bit surreal, and I was super excited to show my parents when they visited. But of course there was a big Nato Summit at the time and there was white tents all over the front lawn... to which my dad commented "Oh I guess Clinton has gone camping..."
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time at the White House, can't wait to hear about it:)
it's okay to go through periods where things aren't too exciting - i think it means you are content and that is a great place to be! you are coming down from the excitement of getting married and settling into your life, so i think this is a fairly normal thing you're going through (although i'm not married so i am not speaking from experience, it makes sense to me!)you sound very content and i think that's wonderful!
ReplyDeletegoing to the White House will be so amazing! i am waiting to hear all about it... :)