Thursday, May 13

Day 89 of Happiness: It doesn't cost anything to smile


I was looking for a photo of something else,
but stumbled upon this one and thought it was perfect for my day.

It's so true - it costs nothing to smile but it has such a high value.
It's amazing what a difference it makes when someone smiles at you.

Today I was walking down the street and a woman was walking toward me.
And she gave me a nice big smile.  For no reason.
Of course I smiled back.  But her smile was so refreshing and unexpected.
DC is not the city of random smilers.
Trust me.

I had a good day today.
I got something off my chest that has been bothering me for months.
I decided I can't complain about something if I've never mentioned it.
I can't take a back seat in my life and *hope* that someone notices what's bothering me,
and I can't complain about it if I haven't taken any steps to correct it.

And boy do I feel better now.
Maybe nothing will change, but at least I can say I tried.
And that's more than I could have said yesterday.

So my advice for today:
smile for no reason
&;
speak up for yourself.

Que le vaya bien!!

P.S.  Hop on over to my other blog, Maple and Mud, to see my first set of wedding photos: the cake topper!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you have no idea how much I needed this post! Especially the complainng part...because I really need to get something off my chest too. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth ... a random smile from someone can light up your day. When I am having a glum start to my day, I make a point to smile more, and make eye contact with people as I do it. I always get a smile back. And you know what, it can be a cure for what ails you. A simple smile. So easy to give - and you'll probably get one back. It's good that you spoke up too Kattrina. Communication is always a start!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....