- One of my favoriet books growing up was Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter. It was the longest book I had ever read and I read it in three days and was so proud of myself. I read it and read it and read it. What a great book!
- The funniest book I've ever read was Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. This book actually made me laugh out loud on the bus, and plane, and pretty much anywhere I took it.
- The one book that has truly changed my life is Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson. My dad bought me this book and I found it amazingly pertinent to life. It's all about accepting change and I think about it all the time. Change can be scary and a lot of time people try to resist change, but after reading the book I try to relax and be flexible. Loved the book.
- If you're looking for a real 'tear jerker' you should probably read The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks. I'm sure most people have seen the movie, but I read the book before the movie came out and bawled my eyes out on the airplane. I couldn't help myself - it was the saddest book I've ever read.
- If I could meet any auther, living or dead, I would want to meet Eleanor H. Porter - I'd love to tell her how much I loved her book and how it made me always try to look for the good in things. Maybe I could even say that subconsciously her book led me to start this "Pollyanna-style" blog....
- The next book on my "to read" list is unknown. My hubs bought me the book I'm reading but after this it's back to the library. So who knows what I'll find there to read.
- If I was snowed in in a remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring Water for Elephants Sara Gruen, Drums in Autumn (the next book in the series I'm reading) by Diana Gabaldon, and Stones into Schools by Greg Mortenson (because I still haven't read it).
Yeah for books!!!




Wow. I'd forgotten all about Pollyanna. I loved that book!
ReplyDeleteJust going to start Water for Elephants. It must be good if you'd bring it to keep you company in a blizzard. Good to know!