Friday, May 28

Day 94 of Happiness: Let's Look on the Bright Side

Today was not my happiest day - I went from one doctor to another trying to figure out why I keet having sharp pains in my right abdomen.  Unfortunately the radiologist tests won't be back until next week, so let's hope it doesn't get worse.  How is this a spot of happiness you might wonder.

Well, while waiting in the radiologists office I was reading Runner's Magazine.  There was an article about thinking positively - instead of saying "I have to do this" and "I have to do that" it was about saying "I get to do this" and "I get to do that."


It sounds stupid but it actually works.  I kept thinking, I "get" to take off work to go to the doctors and I "get" to go to the doctors and I "get" to have an abdominal ultrasound and I get to to go to Massanutten this weekend (ok, that's not hard to turn into a positive).  Anyway, it made me think that I'm lucky to have good insurance and to be able to go to the docs.  Even though this abdominal pain is quite painful I know that eventually someone will figure out what's going on (or it will go away, which is what I'm hoping).  And in the mean time I got to see some internal organs on the ultrasound machine!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this piece of encouragement! It's such a different way of looking at the world, but you're right--a change of perspective is sometimes all we need to turn a bad day into a good day.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often something as simple as a shift in the way we choose to think about things can make a huge impact on the way we perceive our lives and the happiness we feel. Great attitude Kattrina! Expect good things and they will surely follow.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....