![]() |
| Please don't sneeze on me!!! {via} |
I would like to start this post out by saying someone sneezed on me on the bus and now I'm sick. If you know me in real life or are Facebook friends with me, you already know about the sneeze. It was so gross I couldn't help but mention it ten thousand times. It wasn't just a little sneeze, the lady sneezed and put her hand up to cover her mouth but her hand was a good foot away from her mouth. So, all this did was repel her sneeze onto me. I literally got a gust of sneeze wind. And now I'm all sniffle-y and my throat hurts. I am very annoyed at said sneezer.
Ok, I'm glad I got that out of the way. I still feel sick, but my complaining self feels a tad bit better.
I'd also like to apologize about being a little AWOL. Wow have things been busy around here. Ivan and I have been heading to the gym a lot after work and other days I'm trying my best to get my nutrition studying done, and I've also been ridiculously tired and headachy. Now that I'm sneezy, I think it had to do with that, but it's made me want to crawl into my nice, warm bed really early. I miss writing and telling my boring stories to other people so I'll try to be better. Just not sure it will work out so well. I really do appreciate all of you and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments, so please don't desert me in my time of busy-ness.
Ok, I'm also glad that I got that out too. Makes me feel better.
And now, since I had so much fun last week doing Five Question Friday, I decided to do it again. If you haven't visited Mama M. over at My Little Life, you definitely should. It's great stuff!
- What is your favorite Halloween candy?
I LOVE all Halloween candy actually. I love candy. I try not to discriminate when it comes to candy, but I do have a love for candy corn, but only because you can't get it all year round. But, I really think we've already had to buy numerous bags of Halloween candy to hand out because we keep eating it all. It's a tragedy!
- Do you fold your socks?
This is a random question, but I do fold my socks. I place one on top of the other and then fold in half. However, for my husband, I roll the top of one sock over both socks so he doesn't lose one. I know that that stretches the sock out but he doesn't notice/care. So, I fold my socks but roll my hubby's.
- What is something that you wish you had been warned about?
Good question. I wish I had been warned about how mean the world is. I feel like that was something I didn't really see when I was a kid - I thought that mean people only existed in middle school and that it was something that was outgrown. People don't actually outgrow anything. And not everyone has a conscience. People seem to really only care about themselves and how they can get ahead in the world or make themselves look better. It's sad and frustrating. Yes, I realize that I'm 30 years old, but I still naively think that people have hearts and they care about others. However, that's not true and I wish someone had told me that. I wish I wasn't disappointed in people day after day when I realize that I was completely fooled - that in reality all this time they were only thinking of one person and could care less how many people they squash in the process. I just hate it.
- What is the most significant difference between you and your significant other?
This is hard because there are SOOOOOO many differences. I think the biggest ones are that he is Honduran and I'm American and we grew up in completely different environments. He grew up with a mother and a gazillion relatives but no real "parent". He was extremely poor and had to quit school at age 14 in order to work to help his family out. He never had anyone to take care of him or tuck him into bed, etc. I, on the other hand, came from a family that wasn't rich, but wasn't destitute. I never felt poor or wondered where my next meal was coming from. I also came from a solid family foundation where my parents were, and still are, happily married and where I was loved and encouraged from day one. I went to school, graduated from high school, went to college, went to grad school, etc. My hubby had never traveled more than 5 hours from his house before moving to the US and I've lived all over the world. We are extremely different and it gets more and more interesting every day...but in a good way. :-) I love my hubby!
- What are three words you would use to describe yourself (and, just for fun...if your significant other is around, ask him/her what 3 words they would use to describe you!!)?
Peacemaker, emotional, loyal. Now, when I asked my hubby, he first said, "Muy, muy buena" which is something like "really, really, great". I then said I wanted description words like patience or something and he then said, "Yo te amo" which translates to "I love you." I gave up on the description words and left it at that.
I really and truly hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Enjoy yourself, relax, and do something nice and unexpected for someone!!!





Hey Kattrina - tis the season of sneezing I think. I am finally feeling somewhat normal and I hope you do too. I work in workplace health and safety so you can imagine if someone hears you sneeze or cough -- dirty looks all around and comments like "maybe you should work at home". No spreading the love there !
ReplyDeleteSo cute - the differences between you and Hubs. I like that you are a peacemaker. You are a great person and you make me smile.
Aww... your husband offered good words. :)
ReplyDeleteAww, I hope you feel better soon! I hate when people share their germs on public transit! It totally grosses me out too!
ReplyDelete