Wednesday, October 20

Dolce Update and Day 146 of Happiness



Just a quick update on our pooch.  He ended up having to get surgery and it was more intense then they initially thought.  He had a frog (some hard frog toy thing - have no idea where that came from, maybe he ate it while playing outside) in his stomach and a bib wrapped through his intestines.  After getting them both removed he came home to rest a bit.  He's so sad looking but did wag his tail when he saw us.  My sister has to take him back to the vet this morning to see how he's doing.  I guess surgery on the intestines is quite serious and the risk of infection is really high, so they want to make sure he's doing ok and that the wound (both inside and out) aren't getting infected.

We're keeping our fingers crossed for a full recovery - you can do it Dolce!!!


And too brighten things up around here on the HAPPINESS blog...

** This past weekend was busy but GREAT!  We spent the day in DC and met a friend of mine from Utah and her family for dinner and Monuments after dark. It was so beautiful - if you're ever in DC after dark, the monuments look amazing all lit up.  We also saw Laura Bush and Obama's motorcade heading into the White House - exciting.

** Sunday was full of golf - of course.  After my classes, we headed to a private course to play with our pair from Couple's golf and then ate dinner at the clubhouse.

** Monday after work hubs had signed me up to play Night Golf, a fun event with the golf course employees.  I wasn't too excited because I was so tired from work, but it turned out to be SO FUN.  We played with our friends, another of the girl coaches and her partner.  It was great and loads of fun playing with glow in the dark balls.  It was much easier to find lost balls too!

So, even though I'm super worried about my pups, I have still had a few spots of happiness.

Hope your week is going well!!

3 comments:

  1. Ohh I'm so sorry to hear Dolce is sick, keeping my fingers crossed that he will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. get better soon Dolce! sending you virtual cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you took Dolce to the vet right away! I'll be praying for a quick, infection-less recovery today!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....