Thursday, October 21

Day 147 of Happiness: Pomegranates Galore!

First an ode to my recovering pups:


This is what he's gonna look like soon since he keeps wanting to lick his IV wound.  But he's perking up a bit and even whet for a short walk this morning.  Just three more days until he's out of the clear!

And now for a little pomegranate love!



Pick me!  Pick me!
{via}
 

I love pomegranates.  When we lived in Italy I remember having a pomegranate tree in our yard and we'd pick them and crack them open and eat the seeds.  Yum-a-roo! 

Well, somewhere it's pomegranate season (maybe California?) and the little red, seed-filled fruits are making their way to the grocery store.  And into my belly.

This morning I spent many minutes cracking the pomegranate into little pieces and freeing the arils inside.  I Then I threw some on top of my oatmeal and put the rest in a mug.  I ate them all morning.

The other half of my pomegranate is waiting for me tomorrow morning.  They can be a bit of a challenge - getting all the arils free, but it's totally worth it when you have something like this on a plate waiting for you:

You are red, juicy, and full of deliciousness!
{via}
If you have not enjoyed a yummy pomegranate yet - I highly recommended investing in a pom experience today!  You will not be sorry.


Have a POM Wonderful Day 
(ya know, like the juice...)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile....