Sunday, October 3

Day 143 of Happiness: It's a Baby Spinkle!!!!

I have been waiting for this day for what seems like FOREVER!!!  My sister's friend Shannon and I have been planning a little baby sprinkle for my sister and it finally happened today.  I've been dying to tell her but didn't mumble a word - and it paid off because she was SUPER surprised and had no clue we were planning anything.  Unfortuntately, I couldn't snap any photos because my camera had no batteries and I thought it would be weird to ask her to borrow her camera when she thought I was just going golfing.

A bunch of people took photos so it shouldn't be too long before I can post them.  Here is a copy of the invitation:


Icing Designs

Isn't it sooooooo cute????  Our theme was "Expecting One Scoop" so we had lots of ice cream themed things - like these cake pops I made from a Bakarella idea (this was the idea, my actual pops will have to come a bit later):


Bakarella
Those little ice creams turned out so great - my sister thought I was making them for someone at work, but really I was making them just for her.

It was a tad bit difficult getting out of the house without her knowing.  I had to leave in my golf clothes and then sneak out all the ice cream cake pops in the few minutes she was upstairs and not in the kitchen.  It was tough!

I am so happy the party went well and that she enjoyed seeing all her friends and getting some extra attention.  I know that most people don't have showers for the second baby, especially when you're having the same sex, because you have everything you could possibly need.  However, it wasn't really a shower to get presents, it was a shower to celebrate the new baby and my sister.

Aside from this excitement, I had a pretty typical weekend.  Just golf and grocery shopping.  And a football game I don't want to talk about because it was just ugly.



Hope your weekend was fabulous and enjoy your marvelous Monday!!!



2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great theme, I would have love to eat those ice cream cake pops:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! What a sweet surprise! I love those invites!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....