- If going to the doctor numerous times and paying an extremely high co-pay (which apparently doubled and no one told me - thank you oh-so-wonderful-heath-insurance-company) is included in the definition of stimulating the economy - then stimulation has occurred. I have helped to boost the economy. I'm thinking this doesn't count though. But, I'm still making it a spot of happiness. I should really just be thankful that I have health insurance, right. That's a spot of happiness in and of itself. No worries - I am actually a healthy human being - it's all about prevention, right. Oh, and maybe some bad Honduran food. Remember this fabulous food advice: Food on a stick, makes you $#@!.
- I didn't get hit by a car. I can see this one is making you ponder. I mean, I've pretty much NOT gotten hit by a car my entire life. Can I really use that as a spot of happiness (even if I create my blog rules)? Well, let me tell you the entire story before you jump to conclusions. So, I finally got off my lazy toosh and went for a run. Yes, I like to take REALLY long breaks in between races. Sometimes they last months. However, I'm determined to not let running fall to the way side and so I headed out for an after-work run around the city. Now, the city is pretty safe as far as cities go - if by safe you are talking about the chances of getting attacked. If we include in the definition of safe, the chance of being killed by a crazy city driver while crossing IN A CROSSWALK ZONE when you have the little man telling you it's OKKKKK - then, the city is actually quite dangerous. Can you see where my story is going? So, there I was, patiently waiting to cross the street. Their light turns red, my little man starts flashing. I look both ways (a very smart thing to do) and see a car coming. I figure said car is going to stop - it had a red light. However, something inside of me (I like to think of it as my lovely guardian angel) told me to wait and to NOT dart out, even if I had a little flashing man. I decided to listen. GOOD THING. Said car DID NOT stop and went straight through the red light - then realized, after the fact, that she (it was a woman driving) had gone through the light and proceeded to slam on the breaks. I would have been hit, but thanks to my little angel, I was not. Spot of happiness.
- Yesterday was the first day of my raise. Yuppers. Exciting to think that at that very moment (since I'm at home now, now working) I was making a few cents more an hour. In my previous post I accidentally said "a few dollars more" and that was a GROSS EXAGGERATION. Didn't mean to be misleading for all you math whizzes out there. However, I am happy with even 1 cent more, so no complaints here. Just smiles and spots of happiness.
- I am baking/creating a cake for my friend's bridal shower. It's taking me three days, but I hope it looks ok. It's my first time using fondant and gum paste, so we'll see what happens. I am replicating her wedding invitation with the fondant and gum paste and then putting that on a cake. We'll see how it turns out. I'll post a photo.
- I made my hair appointment!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!! Ok, so that will be a better spot of happiness when it actually occurs, but for now, just knowing that I have the appointment is good enough. I am trying to decide whether I want to grow my hair out (or cut it short like I normally do) and whether I want to get highlights again. We'll see how I feel on the day of the appointment
Yeah for the weekend!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile....