Like I've said many times, weekends are always a spot of happiness in my book.
Unless I have to work, then it's touch and go.
This weekend I had lots of fun things going on:
*the gym
*grocery shopping
*a haircut
*lots of cooking
*a reunion with a friend from high school.
So, I knew that I'd have lots of spots going on.
Everything turned out GREAT.
I am super happy with my haircut - it was getting a tad bit straggly, and dry.
So, I (like always) was convinced to buy entirely too expensive shampoo and condition -
but it smells great so that's a plus!
Grocery shopping may have been a low point since I spent 25% more than I had budgeted for...
whoops.
However, I was having company over for dinner so it was worth it.
I had just gotten back in touch with an "old" friend from high school.
She'd texted me and we made rapid plans to get together for dinner.
I hadn't seen her in three years, so it was great to reconnect.
She has always been an amazing source of support for me,
more so in high school and college then currently,
but I'll always count her as a great friend.
It was fun to catch up and cook a fabulous dinner for her:
*homemade lasagna (meat for us, spinach for her)
*homemade foccaccia bread
*roasted zucchini with italian spices
and for dessert:
*absolutely heavenly mini mint oreo cheesecakes,
courtesy of my sister!
Yes, we were quite full after that huge meal,
and we have TONS left over,
but I love cooking for company.
Well, actually, it stressed me out until I figure out what I'm going to cook,
then I can relax.
I actually love breakfast so much better,
because I can think of many breakfast foods.
Dinner is a bit harder,
but I think this turned out to be delicious.
Today is a bit more relaxing - it's rainy and cool.
So we have lot of down-time planned:
golf class in the morning,
tv watching in the afternoon,
and dinner at my sister's in-laws in the evening.
What did you have planned for the weekend?




Yay! It sounds like you had a lovely weekend with a lovely girlfriend over a lovely meal! :]
ReplyDeleteI agree with you! I love breakfast so much better!! I would pick omelettes and french toast to steaks any day!
Nothing more joyful than cooking for the ones we care about and leftovers are even better! Don't you love on Monday when you tabulate your spots of happiness from the weekend and it shows what good use you made of it! No squandering of weekends allowed. And you didn't!
ReplyDeleteLovely post! You've chosen a wonderful concept on which to base your blog. Happiness to you :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.stylestance.com/
You absolutely had me and lost me at mini mint oreo cheesecakes. I'm not going to be think of anything else for a while! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a yummy meal! I would be happy to fly to see you and eat leftovers!
ReplyDelete