Sunday, August 8

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Today's my Dad's birthday - Happy Birthday Dad!  Here's a great shot of us on my wedding:



Too bad I wasn't there to celebrate with him as he turned one year older.  I did talk with him on the phone, which was almost as good.

Happy Birthday Dad (or birthweek if you wanna celebrate all week!)!!

My other spots of happiness are pretty much the same as they are every weekend:
  • playing lots of golf and bocci ball
  • BBQing - another bad cooking experience but that turned out well.  How come no one told me you put the charcoal on the metal rack?  I've been grilling with the fire sitting in the bottom of the grill - no wonder it never got hot enough.  Then I saw a picture with the charcoal stacked on top of the metal rack and realized all this time I was doing it WRONG!!  So, I just build another fire on top of the rack.  It worked fine - but still, I can't believe I've been grilling wrong for this long.  The end result was lovely shrimp and chicken kabobs, totally worth the mess-up.
  • a beautful, not too hot, not too humid Saturday
  • my sister's mother's-in-law birthday celebration with Chinese food and cake
  • heading to the gym to work some muscles
  • the good feeling of sore muscles in the morning
That's a good enough list of my fun, but tranquilo, weekend.

Hope your's was just as great!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't we all just enjoying our summer?? I love that pic of you and your dad. He looks so proud. Happy to see you enjoying your first summer as a married woman. Let the bocci ball begin!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....