Anyway, yesterday I was sitting at my desk and Steve invited me to get burritos with him and eat lunch at the park. It wasn't too hot out and we hadn't had burritos in forever.
If you live/work in DC and have never had burritos from the burrito man, you are MISSING OUT. You should really stop what you are doing and walk, hop on the metro, or run as fast as you can to this cart and buy a burrito pronto. They are devine, cheap, and totally worth the wait in line.
{not my photo - got it from yelp - but this is the burrito man making his burritos}
{another yelp photo}
This is not the burrito I got, it's a stranger's burrito, but if gives you and idea. You can choose your tortilla, type of beans, if you want guac, salsa, sour cream, or rice, and what type of hot sauce (scale of 1-10 fruity or non-fruity). My order is always the same: flour tortilla, cheese, black beans, special salsa, non-fruity #3 (I am a hot sauce wimp).
So, Steve invited me to stand in this riduculously long line,
{and an obvious yelp photo from all the way back in 2004 -
funny that 6 years later people still line up for these burritos!}
get a burrito, and head to the park in front of the White House. And he paid. What a friend!!
So, I not only got a delish lunch, I also got to chat it up with a great friend that I hadn't seen in a couple of months. Very good spot of happiness. I actually get to see him again next week for his and his wife's baby shower, which I am looking forward to immensely because I am making them the best gift ever. Ok, well maybe not ever, but it's a specialty of mine and I make it for only the specialist of people (that live within driving distance because there is NO WAY I am shipping this large but lightweight gift).
Do you usually go out to eat for lunch when you're at work or bring your lunch?
I almost ALWAYS bring my lunch because I like to save money and be healthy, but occasionally I enjoy a burrito or Chipotle or Thai food or Ethiopian food (although they are inevitably all a mistake because I practically fall asleep after eating a big lunch and then I can barely get any work done). My favorite thing is to bring my lunch to Lafayette Park (the park in front of the White House) and meet a friend and sit in the grass. I get to enjoy good lunch food, good conversation, get to leave the office, and get to go for a mini-walk. Perfect!







Makes me hungry just looking at the pic! I am a burrito lover. Just last night we invited some friends over for baleadas which are actually just burritos :) Did you eat baleadas when you lived in Honduras?
ReplyDelete