Tuesday, August 31

Day 130 of Happiness: A one-size-fits-all skirt

My spot of happiness today is focused on skirts.  Because of this post about my pathetic pants one of my friends (a nothing-short-of-amazing friend), asked her mom if she could hem my pants for me.  Isn't that the nicest thing EVER!  So, this weekend I dropped my pants off at her baby shower and her mom is hemming them as we speak!  I am quite amazed and touched.

Anyway, because I had given her the majority of my pants and I wasn't sure how long she'd have them for, I have been skirt-ing it at work.  One little problem?  It's the summer, so I've been wearing my summery skirts all summer and didn't want to wear them all AGAIN, so I pulled out some wintery skirts (meaning darker colors instead of light colors).  Well, truth be told, I'm getting a little chunky so my clothes haven't been fitting to well. 

With a bit of apprehension I decided to try on one of the skirts - to see if I could still squeeze into it.  And then I remembered why I LOVE skirts so much - if they are too tight, pull them up!  So that's what I did!  There are no pant legs on a skirt, so if it doesn't fit around your hips, it might fit around your waist, and it'll just be a bit shorter.  So, that's what I did and I was quite happy.

I pulled my skirt up a bit and went on my merry way.  Here is a photo to give you an idea:

Here I am in my work clothes.  Skirt looks fine, not too short (I don't think.)
(sorry for my funny looking face - my hubs was taking the photo and it took him awhile so that's my about-to-get-annoyed face)


Here I am with my shirt pulled up a bit so you can see how high the skirt is - my hands are on my hips.  It's practically pulled up to my chest!  Now that I look at it, it looks kinda normal in the photos, but I swear to you it's way higher than it's suppose to be. 

I was quite happy I could still wear it.

On another note, my husband's gym membership finally went through so we'll be heading back to the gym soon.  Maybe in a few weeks my skirt will fit normally again and I won't have to pull it up so high....



Have you ever pulled a skirt up a bit to make it fit better???

5 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhh I know exactly what you mean lol On Sunday I was late for church just because none of my skirts would button :( I finally had to pull out my little sisters fat skirts just so I could make it before church ended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup!! I have even undone the button at the back and looped an elastic band around the button through the button hole to give me extra breathing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet I have done that! You, dear, are not chunky - it is just not in your genes to be. My genes make it really, really hard work to be a size 14 (which I am not now) :-( so I have definitely pulled the skirt up a bit. Now I just have several sizes of clothes in my closet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following you back! Thanks so much for the comment on organic foods I'm really new to it all so I know nothing lol and appreciate any info I can get. I've been doing a bit of internet research on it but haven't had much luck finding really good information. But I think I might start off with the dirty dozen...it's a good first step! Thanks again!

    *Tania @ http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do that too, but that wont work much longer for me now:) As soon as I got of work today and got in the car I was unbuttoning my pants... I guess soon I will have to give in and start wearing maternity pants...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....