- Today for breakfast I ate Greek yogurt with five fresh strawberries on top and a sprinkling of splenda. Oh, and a cup of yummy coffee and a spoonful of peanut butter (not in the coffee, completely separate).
- My go to/never fail recipe is lasagna. I would provide a recipe but it's pretty simple - lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese mixed with an egg, oregano, basil, tiny cut-up carrots, spinach, anything else I can find, and mozz cheese. Nothing too impressive.
- Something I eat that other people think is weird is almost spoiled food - like creamer that's been opened in my fridge for three months but smells fine, moldy veggies that I just cut the moldy part off of, or yesterday I ate deli meat that was beyond slimy (but still smelled and tasted fine). I don't like to waste food and sometimes I think expiration dates were made up - so I overlook them. People think I'm gross though.
- My worst cooking disaster ever was trying to BBQ for the first time on the grill. It appeared that the charcoal wasn't getting hot enough so my sis and I decided it was too old and so we took it out of the grill and put it on a cookie sheet. It then started to get really, really hot and melt the metal cookie sheet so we decided to hose it off. However we were on the deck so we had to run through the house with hot charcoals on a melting cookie sheet downstairs to the basement door and then outside to the hose. It was a nightmare. We didn't BBQ for about three years after that.
- If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream for the rest of my life it would be Chunky Monkey. I don't eat ice cream that often though, but that's a good one if I had to choose.
- One food that I hate and avoid at all costs is quiche. I hate quiche, which is weird because I love eggs. I just hate quiche though. Especially this ham and swiss one my mom used to make when I was little. Yuk-a-roo. (I love you Mom!)
- What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? I love breakfast - especially with a good cup of coffee and some great friends. I love making my own version of huevos rancheros and having everyone sit at the dining room table. Love it!
That was fun! Head to the little thing we do if you'd like to participate!




I LOVE CHUNKY MONKEY ICE-CREAM!!! I swear we have so many things in common, but then again who could not love Chunky Monkey right :)
ReplyDeleteAfter I gave birth to Benji my sister was an angel and found a way to sneak in a carton of chunky monkey past the security guards! Hope you and your catracho have a great weekend!!!
wow, crazy bbq story! haha
ReplyDeleteI am the total opposite of you, if the expiration date is up it gets thrown out. I don't take any chances... but I do try and not purchase any more than I can handle within that time limit so I don't think I waste much.
This is Nicole from the Bingham Tribe, your blog is so cute I'm going to follow it! Please do me a favor and follow me back! Thanks!
ReplyDeletehttp://basicallyformyself.blogspot.com
hahaha, your story about trying to BBQ made me laugh, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete