Wednesday, August 11

Day 120 of Happiness: When people think about you

It's always nice when people think about you.  Yesterday I had a webinar that I was a bit stressed about.  Doing presentations doesn't really stress me out, neither does talking in front of a lot of people.  However, a webinar is a bit more complicated because you can easily have a computer malfunction - something I can't figure out.  Then you look ridiculous.

So, as I wrote in my last post, I had my mom practice with me.  So I could sort out any kinks.  THANKS MOM, YOU'RE AWESOME!! 

However, when I got on the bus on Monday I must have looked a little frazzled (this was the day before the webinar, before I had practiced with my mommy).  This guy who always catches the same bus as me in the afternoon said I looked like I had had a rough day.  So I explained about the webinar and how I was a bit nervous because it's more complicated than a general presentation. 

Well, the next day, he remembered about the webinar and specifically asked me about it.  I thought that that was the nicest thing.

It's nice when people remember the little things in your life - especially random people on the bus whose names you don't even know.



And now for the most important information of the day:

IT'S MY SISTER'S BIRTHDAY!!! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZABETH!!!


Here we are on our trip to Ecuador!


Two great spots of happiness for today.
Well, actually yesterday.  I celebrated the end of my webinar with a little glass of wine and then felt completely exhausted in about ten minutes and hit the sack.
Yeah, I'm a sad wine drinker.  I'm alseep before I even drink the last sip.

Good times.  Today hubs and I headed to the gym - feel the burn!
And I made roasted zucchini that were so good I couldn't taste the zucchini.
That's the best kind of veggie - ones that don't taste like veggies.
I think it was the large amount of seasoned salt I poured on top.
But hey, it was yummy.

And now it's 10pm and past my bedtime.
So off to beddie bye I go!

2 comments:

  1. I love when you have a random wonderful encounter with someone you don't really know. It reminds us that we all belong to one big family -- and for a few seconds, it feels like it. Laughing about the veggies ... "as long as they don't taste like veggies" ... Well, there's nothing that a lttle mozarella cheese and breadcrumbs can't fix! Congrats on your webinar. I know how stressful they can be. We do workplace health and safety webinars all the time for the public and a technical glitch can be daunting. Sip up and snooze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! People can be so kind sometimes, can't they???

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....