Monday, August 9

Day 119 of Happiness: Simple Spots

Today was a typical Monday - I was exhausted for no reason and had a lot of catching up to do.  Last week I spent the majority of my time interviewing candidates for a new position at the office.  It was an interesting task and I learned some great interviewing skills that might come in handy one day - but it kinda put me behind in my normal work.  I can definitely catch up easily, but I hate starting my weeks with stress. 

I am really trying to live in the moment these days, rather than wishing huge chunks of my life away - like waking up on a Monday and wishing it were already Friday.  I don't want to spend my life waiting for the entire week to pass just so I can get to the weekends.  I mean, the weekends are only 2 days and there are FIVE weekends.  So, I am trying my best to not always wish it were Friday.  So, what can I celebrate today - in celebration of Monday?

Hmm, today was a pretty normal day with nothing too exciting.  However, there were still some simple spots of happiness.  My co-workers came back from vacation - that's always good because last week I had no one to talk to.  I was pretty busy with interviews so I didn't notice, but now that my co-workers are back I realized I missed them.  I think I'm quite lucky to work with people I actually like and get along with - it makes the office that much better.

My mom practiced my webinar with me - that is always a spot of happiness.  Every time I have a webinar I call her up and make her be a pretend participant so I can practice all the "tools" the webinar program has.  Today I was practicing how to switch from PowerPoint to a Word document without everyone seeing me search my desktop.  It took awhile, but we figured it out.  It was funny because I called my mom up and after some simple chats I said, "Mom, I have a favor to ask of you," and she said, "Am I getting invited to another webinar?"  Haha - she knew it was coming!  She said she hadn't attended one for a while so she was thinking another one was coming up.  I have a great mom!

I think those are the only spots I'm gonna talk about today.  I'm EXHAUSTED for no good reason.  I actually had to tell my bus friend to wake me up if we reached our stop and I was still sleeping - I was afraid I'd sleep right through my stop.  I was that tired.  Hubs and I did get a run in though - so that was fun.  I love running with him, it always brightens my mood.  I also got a text message from a friend from high school.  I haven't seen/heard from her in a LONG time (probably 90% my fault) and she just randomly texted me asking how I was.  I was quite excited and hope we can get together really soon.  I'd love to see her.

Ok, time for a little zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


3 comments:

  1. I agree that you can't wish you r life away. You are doing a good job of living in the moment and I think by ending each day searching for the spots of happiness is a good way to keep you focused. I alwaus enjoy your "spots". : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is such a sweetie for helping you out:)

    I love your take on living in the moment and not always wishing it was Friday - I need to do more of that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to try to live a little more like this.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....