Monday, August 23

Day 126 of Happiness: So many things to say

Ahh, so many spots, so little time!  The weekend tends to do that.  Here are some fun spots from the weekend and beyond:



**I went to see Eat Pray Love!!!

It was so good - and totally made me want to stuff my face with pasta, gelato, and cappucinos.  I had read the book and enjoyed it, so I figured I'd enjoy the movie.  Plus, the scenery was beutiful.  And how can you not love Julia Roberts.  Good stuff.

**Hubs and I were invited over to the neighbor's house.  As I've mentioned in a few blog posts, hubs is great at meeting people.  Because of him, we know the next door neighbors very well and have enjoyed dinner at their house and bocci ball out back.  Well, recently hubs got to know some people in the neighborhood that live in the house across the street.  Well, they invited us over for BBQ chicken and steak.  It was so much fun - they were so nice.  We enjoyed each other's company and drank lots of wine.  Actually I just had a glass (I mean, it was 2pm, way too early for me!!), but they had a few. 

I love knowing the neighbors - these days (at least where I live) people hardly know who lives next door to them.  They just go to work and come home, hardly stepping outside.  So, it's really nice getting to know people in our neighborhood.

**Golf classes - as you all know, I love my little golf girls.  Plus, it was raining so we had the majority of class outside - which was nice because I was feeling a bit tired. 

**Soccer - hubs's soccer league started up again.  What makes him happy, makes me happy.  'Nuff said.

**Brunch at El Azteca.  After golf class, hubs and I went out to eat only to find that the Mexican restaurant was serving brunch.  MY FAVORITE thing - I got yummy huevos divorciados - mmmmmm.


{via bing, not my own camera}


And then today surprisingly turned out into a WONDERFUL day.
And there wasn't anything amazing going on when it started.

**But, we found out that we got another HIV grant at work!!  Maybe this doesn't sound that exciting to you, but my co-worker and I worked REALLY hard on a bunch of grants this summer and to know that we got at least one of them, is super exciting.  We are an awesome grant-writing team, if I do say so myself.

**And my last bit of fun, spot-y news, I am joining another pen-pal group!  I am really excited - I LOVE pen-pals and writing handwritten notes.  Where might I be doing this?  Over at Oh, My Darling - head over there and check it out if you're interested in getting some fun pen-pals.  I can't wait to get my group started and send some letters!  Yeah for pen-pasl!!!





Do you write any handwritten letters? 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kattrina,
    Thanks for stopping by with your sweet comments about my cards. I've thought about opening an Etsy store and may do so if I can squeeze it into my already tight schedule. I do love making them and a little extra money would be nice. I'm sorry I haven't written you back yet. I've thought of you often and promise to write you a note soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeee! I was all planning out this long comment on each little thing. Then I got to the pen pals part. Now I have to cut this short to go check this out! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear good news about the EPL movie! I loved the book and I've been terrified that the movie wouldn't live up to it.

    Glad to hear things are going well with you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....