Sunday, August 29

Day 128 of Happiness: Have a piece of diaper cake

This past week was a blogger bust.  I barely had time to think, let alone blog.  Sorry about that.  I'm not sure how many people come and read my blog on a daily basis, but if you do (which would make me so happy) sorry for not being around.  I promise to try a bit better.  Part of the problem is I've been trying to get to bed earlier (like 9:30pm) and that cuts my blogging nights short.  I try and write my post the night before and if I'm too tired/busy then nothing gets written.  Like last week.  Again, sorry, I'm working on it.

So, what was I so busy doing thing weekend that had me running around like crazy?  Hmm, the weekend went so fast I can't even remember.  But it's all good memories now.

On Saturday we had a baby shower to go to, all the way on the other side of DC.  It's a long drive, but well worth it because these are some of our good friends.  I didn't take any pictures, but I did snap a pic of the present I made for them.




It's a diaper cake!!!  This is a specialty of mine and my sister.  We LOVE making diaper cakes, but we usually only make them for special people, because they get a bit costly and take some time to make.  This cake was made with natural, organic diapers.  I think my friends are using cloth diapers, which doesn't work so well with a diaper cake (especially since cloth diapers are expensive and you wouldn't ever need this many).  So, I picked up organic disposable ones because you always need a few disposable diapers - especially when you're going to be out all day or something. 

Aside from the diapers we like to stick little things in there - so we put a booger sucker in there (gross but very handy!), a thermometer, some toys for the car seat, a little stuffed animal for the car seat, a food sucker (you stick some food in there and the baby sucks on it but can't get big pieces, my niece loved it), some diaper rash stuff that works really well, some organic chemical free diaper wipes, and I think that's it.  Hubs also wanted to buy them a padded seat thing that you put over grocery carts and high chairs (it keeps the baby from sitting in a lot of germs).  My sister used hers ALL the time and hubs thought they needed one too.  I usually hate to buy stuff off the registry (meaning not on the registry), but since hubs doesn't usually input much when it comes to gifts, we went ahead a purchased it.  That didn't fit in the diaper cake though, so we had to put it separate.


So we spent all morning getting that together, then we went to the party, had good conversation and food, then headed home, then went grocery shopping.  Wowza - crazy day

Sunday was a repeat - last day of golf class (yeah!!  small break though - new round of classes start after Labor Day), lunch, couples golf, a glass of wine, dinner, blog, bed. 

Yup - another weekend blows by!!

And tomorrow's Monday yet again. 

What does this week have in store for me??? 
I can't wait to find out.

5 comments:

  1. HAHA, I LOVE this diaper cake idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the diaper cake idea... but baby showers aren't really something we do in Denmark, otherwise I would for sure use it. Well I might use it at another time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woosh ...I am exhausted ... you have a busy life girl! But I can see you enjoying your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love to make Diaper Cakes for Baby Showers! Love yours, really cute

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....