Monday, September 6

Day 133 of Happiness: A Labor Day Vacay!!

I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am that it's Labor Day and I don't have to work.  I feel like it was YEARS ago since I had a three-day weekend, but really it was 4th of July, so not too incredibly long ago.  This Labor Day really snuck up on me - I felt like summer just started and already I have to retire my white sandals (which is probably a good thing because my feet are all scarred from the blisters I got from the ridiculous shoes). 

And to make life even better, it was a beautiful weekend.  Not just nice, but PERFECT.  The weather couldn't have been better - not hot, and even chilly in the morning.  Amazingly perfect.  Of course, I'm sure we still have a few weeks of hot weather left before the autumn coolness sets in, but I'm so happy that these three days have been so nice.  Hubs and I went golfing yesterday and I didn't even sweat.  Now, that's practically a miracle.

The weekend has been filled with a variety of activities - the gym, some house cleaning, golfing with the neighbors, golfing with the hubs, some studying, and a good amount of relaxing.  The perfect way to start the fall season, right.

Today we're celebrating hub's birthday - so we invited some people over (mostly neighbors) for a BBQ.  I've been cooking all morning and it's going to get a bit intense because my sister has to work all day and I'm also watching the niece.  Just in case you don't have kids or nieces as active as mine - it's practically IMPOSSIBLE to cook and watch her at the same time.  We'll see what happens.  Here's what's on our menu for tonight:

Layed Salad


which I just finished,

Crashed Hot Potatoes


which I'll start in a couple of hours,

Grilled Hamburgers and Hotdogs (of course!)


and chips and dip, baked beans, and of course cupcakes and a little cake for the hubs!

Ugg, so I guess I gotta lot of work to do - since I've only got the cupcakes and salad made and the afternoon is running away from me!

Hope you're all having a fabulous Labor Day and that you also get to enjoy a day off (although I'm quickly realizing that between cooking for a party and watching a 1.5 year old toddler, I hardly have the day off)!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Bday hubs! Looks like a feast fit for a king-- birthday king that is! Glad you had a good weekend!

    lindseyl0ve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....