Tuesday, September 28

Day 140 of Happiness: Getting things done

First, I would like to pay hommage to my new favorite sugary candy because it is making me very happy.  Thank you Hershey for making some yummy autumn-flavored hershey kisses!


Yummy Pumpkin Spice...like pumpkin spice latte in a kiss!
{via google}

And yummy candy corn - quite tasty!
{via}
 If you haven't tasted these little creatures - you should deffinitely pop some in you mouth soon!


And now that I've gotten that out of the way, I can talk about how incredibly relieved I am that I FINALLY got my car emmisions test.  I'm not exactly sure why getting something done on my car seems like an impossible feat.  It's pretty amazing how long I can wait before I take it in.  This emmisions notice first came in February and by April I still hadn't gone to get it done so I asked for an extension.  I got the extension and  my next deadline was 1 September.  Too bad I forgot all about it until 2 September.  So, then I swore I was going to get it done as soon as possible.  But I kept putting it off until I got a notice that my car registration was going to be suspended on 1 October if I didn't get it done.  Ok, this was serious - I definitely didn't want my car registration suspended...so FINALLY, two days before 1 October, I made it to the VEIP station.

Yeah - you would think I was avoiding a horrible and painful experience - nope.  It took all of ten minutes and my car passed with flying colors (which it better since it's still pretty new).  Yeah, I'm still not sure why I kept avoiding it.

The other thing I was avoiding was changing my oil.  Another thing that is NO BIG DEAL but I seem to put off until my car is crying for a tad bit of lubrication.  It had been about 6000 miles and my little orange mantainence light had been lit up for two months, and recently my tire pressure light had also turned on.  But, since I don't quite understand what an emissions test is really looking for (aside from emissions), I wasn't sure if not having my oil changed would make a difference.  So, I made sure to get that done first.

Result?  Much relief.  I have air in my tires, clean oil in my engine, and perfectly great emissions.  And I can rest assured for a bit.  Feels great actually.  I should really stop putting things off - especially since I had to pay DOUBLE for my emissions since I was late.


Do you find it hard to get repairs done on your car?  Do you put off changing your oil until it's inevitable?  Or is it just me?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I gotta get my hands on those pumpkin kisses!!!!

    ...and hooray for getting a million and one things done for your car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love discovering new candies. I know how it is to postpone boring things, and so silly really, because 9 out of 10 times it's so easy to get done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing that kind of stuff for the cars. Kara and I do it while Michael is at work and all the lines are short. In fact, Kara LOVES getting the oil changed because all the guys at Jiffy Lube thing she's gorgeous and I always bring fun stuff for her to do. :-)
    You spent way more energy (and money) putting it off than if you just did it right away! Lol! Next time you won't wait so long now that you saw how easy it was. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....