Tuesday, September 7

Day 134 of Happiness: End of Summer

I decided to join the bandwagon and talk about the end of summer - although it was 94 degrees today.  So, it didn't feel like the end of summer.

Oh, except that the commute was atrocious, which is definitely a sign of the end of the summer.  No more vacations, pretty much everyone back in the office.  It's serious time at work again.  Not that I really felt that I had a non-serious time at work, because if you're at work you're pretty much working, aren't you?


However, even the end of summer brings some spots of happiness with it.

My Labor Day birthday party for hubs was a success.  He was thoroughly touched that so many people showed up to celebrate his birthday.  He didn't even mind that the neighbors were quite inebriated by the time they rolled into our house, and they brought a drunk friend too (I acually thought this was quite rude - who shows up to someone's bday BBQ after drinking all afternoon - and brings a friend???  Am I wrong or do you think it's rude too??).  Yes, it was a bit uncomfrotable since no one else was drinking...but we survived without too many problems.

On my ride to work I sat next to an "old" bus friend who has also decided to start taking the early bus.  I was happy to see her because now that I'm riding a new route, I don't know anyone and I'm amongst strangers again.  I still see some of my friends in the afternoon, but I'm kinda sad that I have to wait in the bus line all alone.  So, it was definitely a bright spot in my day when she sat next to me and we had a chance to catch up a bit (before I zonked out!).

And although I may regret this a few days down the line, another spot is the fact that our house is filled with yummy junk food like Utz Tortilla chips, black bean dip, cupcakes, cake, pasta salad, and soda.  So, I ate so much junk when I got home that I haven't been hungry for dinner yet.  Maybe that's not the best thing, but cupcakes sure made me happier than kale...

Ok, that's all that I've got folks; I have a slight headache and lots of studying to do.  Hope your Labor Day was spectacular and you're ready for a fabulous fall!

3 comments:

  1. Aww! Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby! It sounds like you had a blast!

    And yes, I would have been annoyed at the drunkies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your catracho! Sounds like you guys had fun and definitely some great food. I would have minded the borracho neighbors for sure. I am always a bit picky when I invite people over AND cook lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to your hubs! Sounds like you guy had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....