Sunday, December 6

Day 35 of Happiness: Snow, Christmas, and Twilight

I love when it reaches 8pm on Sunday and I'm preparing for work tomorrow and I look back upon the weekend and can't help but smile with joy.  I love it when I have a weekend made of warm feelings, friends, memories, and fun.  It makes going to work on Monday (especially a Monday filled with staff meetings) a little easier.  I had so many spots of happiness I can barely count them.  Actually I can't.  So I'll pick a few of the top spots.  It would probably help if I posted more often - I wouldn't have three days worth of spots to talk about.  I'll try to work on that, but these days I'm filled to the brim with activities and things that need to get done.  Good things though.

Friday night started off with babysitting night, my first spot of happiness.  I finally convinced my sister and brother-in-law to head out on a date.  Their first date in over a year.  Wowzers.  What did that mean?  It meant Peyton and I had the entire night together.  Of course, half of that time she was sleeping.  But, still, it was nice.  I love babysitting my adorable little niece.  I should have taken a picture, but I didn't, so you'll have to imagine it.

After Peyton fell asleep, I called one of my best friends and asked her to be a bridesmaid in my wedding. And she said yes!  Yeah, that is a huge spot of happiness.  Now I have two bridesmaids (my sister and said friend) and one maid of honor (my other sister).  I'm so excited.  Now, they just need dresses and I just need a location, a date, a time, a musician, a justice of peace, invitations, foods, etc.  Ok, so I'm SOOO far behind.  Pretty much all I have is a dress and my ladies.  I'm working on it.  Oh, and I have someone to marry - which is probably the most important.

Saturday I had an expected spot of happiness, I was meeting one of my friends from Peace Corps for brunch.  She was up from Atlanta and I hadn't seen her in AGES.  Like years.  She married a  Honduran, so we'll have a lot in common.  We went to this adorable old Inn and had delicious food.  Well, I didn't particularly love my food - fyi, scrambled eggs with cream cheese isn't that amazing - but the atmosphere was cozy and great.


My friend and me

 
The super-cute bathroom at the inn


Then - the best thing happened.  It started snowing!!!!!!!  The first snow of the season.  I LOVE the first snow.  And what was even better was it was a Saturday - so no work.  My entire drive home was in snow.  The farther away from the city I got, the heavier the snow became.  It was soooo pretty.  We ended up with four inches.  How beautiful.  It definitely put me in the Christmas mood.  I thought I would get some Christmas cards written, but I didn't.  I'm really working on it.


The snowy drive home

 

My beautiful snow covered backyard

Oh, but another spot of happiness was that I got my first Christmas card in the mail!!!


Thank you Rhianne!!!!

I am making sugar cookies right now.  And I already finished fudge.  And this morning I made cranberry nut bread.  Holiday cooking is starting.  Yum.  I'm excited.  My mom has this tradition of baking like 13 different types of cookies and four types of bread.  I would like to do that one day.  Since I'm getting married this year, I am practicing.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they turn out ok.  Some of the cookies are hard.  We'll see.  I am also making candy cane cookies, and spritz.  And maybe one more.  And zucchini bread.  Those are for another day though.  I'm too tired tonight.

P.S. I finally got to see Twilight!!!  I loved it!!!

3 comments:

  1. yay for snow! i'm so envious... i hope it snows soon in toronto :)

    love your holiday blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, it sounds like you really did have a great weekend! Congrats on finding your bridesmaids! :) And don't worry, you're not the only one behind in planning. :/

    I do have an excuse though. It's hard to plan for something when you can't set a date for it...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....