Thursday, December 10

Day 36 of Happiness: Holiday Cookies!!!

I'm so sorry for not blogging so much these days.  Of course no one is going to read my blog if they see the same post day after day after day.  I am really trying, I promise.  However, I've been trying to get some Christmas cookies baked and just haven't had time (or I've been too tired) to get any blogging done.  If you don't believe me - here's proof:


yummy chocolate fudge



sugar cookies

I didn't have a chance to take pics of the finished cookie process, or of the spritz cookies I made last night, or the zucchini bread I baked, but they exist too.  I have a few more types of cookies to make (candy canes and maybe one other kind, or maybe more of one of the kinds I've already made) and then I'll be done.  Hopefully there will be some left on Christmas...  Then I'll get more blogging in.d

My mom has this great tradition of making about 12 or 13 different types of Christmas cookies, four types of breads, and fudge every year.  She starts baking them after Thanksgiving and we can't eat ANY of them until she's finished ALL of them.  Then she finally loads up a 3-tiered cookie tray and we feast on them until they are gone.  The extras go in the freezer because we can't eat that many of them that fast.  She's done that for as long as I can remember.  She still does it even though all the children moved out and she's far away.  She mails us ours now.  So, I thought that since I'm getting married soon and will have a family of my own, I'd do the same.  I've started small though - just four or fives types of cookies, two breads, and fudge.  We'll see about next year.  It's fun though - but I sure wish I got home from work before 7pm!

Another adorable thing I forgot to blog about - my cutie pie doggie.  This actually happened awhile ago but I never loaded the photos.  Dolce had a sore on his leg and was biting it and getting it all infected.  So, we took him to the vet and they gave him antibiotics.  But, they also said we had to buy one of those tunnel things so he couldn't lick it.  We settled for something that more resembled an inner tube that was too small.


Dolce with inner tube

So, we put it on him, chuckle a bit cuz he's so cute, and head to bed.  Well, the next morning he doesn't have it on.  How could he possibly get it off?  We were befuddled.  Hmm...  I give up looking for it and Dolce and I head out to go for a walk.  Whaddya know, we find his inner tube downstairs, left like this:



Inner tube stuck in between wall and stroller

What exactly is this picture?  Well, Dolce isn't allowed in the basement family room, which is what the stroller is blocking.  However, he tried to squeeze by the stroller and his inner tube got stuck.  So he couldn't go forward.  When he backed up, his head got stuck and eventually the inner tube came off and he was FREE!  Yup, one smart pup.  No worries, we got smarter and read the instructions that came with the inner tube.  Apparently you are suppose to attach the inner tube thing to his collar.  Problem solved.  He could no longer get it off and his leg healed.

It was still very cute finding his inner tube stuck - what a mischievous little pooch.  It made me smile though....


Yeah for spots of cooking and dog happiness!!

3 comments:

  1. How sweet that your mum posts you out cookies! I need to show your post to my mum!!

    And how clever is your dog?! My sisters dog is not very clever (it eats its own poo). If it had brains it would be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, I think we are baking twins bc last time I posted about sugar cookies you had done some also, and this time you are posting about zucchini bread and I am doing that this afternoon. hahahahha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crazy dog is not always the brightest, he has yet to realize that the really bad stomach aches he gets is a result of the high number of baby toys/clothes he eats.

    My mom actually sends cookies year round - she's great like that.

    Paulina - we should have coordinated better! I could have sent you half on my zucchini bread and you could have sent me half of your sugar cookies - we would have saved so much time. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....