I think that now that I've had my blog for a while I am starting to go around all day cataloging things that make me happy. It's like I'm making little mental notes of things that I can put in my happiness blog. It's not a bad thing - but it makes me feel a bit weird. However, at least I'm blogging about happy things so I'm cataloging good things in my life - it could definitely be worse!
So, in my little happiness catalog that my brain has apparently created - I have a few things for today. First, let me tell you how much I am LOVING my commute these days. Forty minutes is FABULOUS!! I am getting to work at 7:30am!! It's great. The ride home is still over an hour, but at least I can leave work a bit earlier and arrive home before 6pm. That means I only have 11.5 hour days - life is good.
Something else that made me smile (spot of happiness) - I found out that my cousin made my blog her homepage (thanks!). Isn't that sweet? It made me so happy when I found that out. Someone reads my blog every day (or at least every day she goes on the internet). Of course I feel bad for her when I don't update my posts for like 5 days - then she's staring at the same boring thing every day. I'm trying to do a bit better.
Which brings me to another little spot that is making me quite excited - I started a wedding blog! Ok, maybe that's a little narcissistic of me. I mean, I don't actually think my blog is so great that there is room in the blogging world for two of them. I really did it because I'm getting excited about wedding things but I don't want to flood this happiness blog with wedding stuff. I mean, not everyone is interested in wedding planning. Plus, that wasn't the point of this blog. This blog was to focus on all the little things that make me happy, and although the wedding is making me happy, I felt like I wanted to keep the two things separate. So I am. Having two blogs is actually a little complicated and twice as much work - but if you're interested, head over to Maple and Mud and check it out. My wedding is in like three months though - so not sure what I'm gonna do with it afterwards....
Maybe what made it so easy for me to find spots of happiness today was the fact that I have extra endorphins running through my blood. Why? BECAUSE I FINALLY WENT FOR A RUN!! Yup, after like a month break. I don't think I've really gone too much since November. Hmm, ok, so maybe it's been more like two or three months of laziness. It didn't help that with the wind chill it was only like 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) out. Yeah, crazy. Even our doorman (a former Marine) told me he didn't go running today because 30 mph winds are too miserable. Well - I survived and ran three miles without dying. I was a bit tired but my legs were so numb that I didn't notice. Pretty great. It felt so good to hit the pavement.
Ok - I think that enough for now. Don't want to bore you. Plus I have something in my eye. And it's 8:30 pm - time for bed! :-)





Wow - so impressed! I've been saying that I'm going to go running for months now and not got round it. Maybe i should.
ReplyDeletex
ps: your cousin is the sweetest!
you should morph your wedding blog into a first year of marriage blog- especially as Ivan will be new to the USA, he should have some really interesting perspectives that we'd all love to share in!
ReplyDeleteFunny Sarah - that's what I was thinking too. It would be a blog about our adjustment to each other and his adjustment to the US (as told through me). I'm sure we'll have a gazillion ridiculous stories.
ReplyDelete