Monday, December 28

Day 43 of Happiness: Back to Work

It seems a little like almost an oxymoran to say that going back to work after Christmas holiday is a day of happiness!  I sure which I could have stayed in Vermont for longer - I had a great time with my parents and sister.  I love Christmas traditions, as I'm sure you're well aware of from reading this blog, and my Christmas was filled with them.  From watching Santa Claus the Movie, to racing up to my sister's room to look at our stocking Christmas morning, to unwrapping presents with the family, to eating Panettone for breakfast and cracking Christmas crackers at dinner - it was a great couple of days.  I soooo wanted to stay one more day instead of boarding the train and coming home.  It's weird to think that next year Ivan will be here and we'll be traveling up to Vermont together.  So exciting!!  Here's some pics of the trip.


 Me with the dogs: Kuma and Mishka

 
 Me with my older sis

 
 Me with my fabulous parents

 
Snowy scene from the train

 
 Isn't it beautiful

 

 


And, there were a few spots of happiness today - even though I had to head to work.  First, not too much traffic on the road got me to work in 40 minutes!!!  I know!!  Unbelievable.  That meant I could get outta there 20 minutes early which got me home over an hour early!!  Talk about great commuter karma.  Plus, it was nice and quiet so I got some work done and had a completely relaxing day.  I'm looking forward to a week of productivity and relaxation at the office.  And maybe a little lunchtime running - I have a wedding in three months, better start getting in shape!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday.
Next up

New Year's!! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my - I just died when I saw the photo of the dogs!! How gorgeous are they?! Can I ask what breed they are? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love them too. They are actually my parents' dogs - Kuma and Mishka. They are Samoyeds. My sister (whom I live with) has one also, Dolce. Dolce is a bit crazier than the others. Mishka is the sweet dog and Kuma is the mischievous dog, and Dolce is the crazy dog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....